Monday, March 24, 2014

Sa Totoo Lang

Goooooood afternoon sa inyong lahat!
    How is everyone doing? I am sure you are all great because you are all great people. So "Sa totoo lang" is a saying equivalent to "to be honest". Which is funny to me I am not sure why. But I really like it and I try to use it as much as possible. Anyway! This week has gone by way too fast just like every other week here. Goodness gracious where does the time go? Although we felt as though there was never enough time in the day to do all that we wanted, Sister Galera and I still have some exciting news for you all this week! So we'll get right into it.
    There's gotta be a couple of magandang moments this week! The first is that Nardz was baptized and confirmed!!! Woo hoo! Haha oh man has the journey been crazy getting Nardz to this point but in the end it was all worth it. So I am sorry I never really finished the story but you all know that Nardz experienced a slight trial of faith the day before his baptism scheduled for Feb 15. And although he still passed the baptismal interview with the District Leader that day, we decided to still give him 4 weeks before his new baptismal date. So we scheduled for March 15! But Nardz is graduating this weekend and had to take the mock board exam in order to know whether he could take the actual board exam in May. His mock board exam day was March 15 :( there was really no way around it so we REscheduled for March 22. So on the day of his baptism we were hoping we wouldn't face anymore trials. But of course we didn't have the right sized baptism clothes so we were rushing around trying to find clothes and eventually we did! Then we started the program and the speakers were great! Sister Galera spoke on faith and repentance and Sister Kathleen spoke on baptism and the holy ghost :) Then we moved on to the performance of the baptism. We asked Brother Gurion, a recent convert to baptize Nardz because Brother Gurion's son was Nardz's classmate. But since he is just a recent convert he really wasn't sure of what he was doing in the baptismal font and we had to redo the baptism 3 times. It was somewhat funny somewhat stressful. But every single trial was made worth it after the baptism when we all heard Nardz bear his testimony. With tears in his eyes he told everyone that he really couldn't describe what he was feeling. But that he was so happy to have made this decision and he knows this is the best beginning he could have to start this new journey. He received the Gift of the Holy Ghost the next day in church and Sister Galera and I can be confident in the member he is going to become.
    The second is Hesa came to church this week!!! We were so not expecting it! Not only did she come to church but in our gospel principles class that Sister Galera and Sister Lacdo-o taught, Sister Galera asked everyone what they would do if they were given the chance to go to America. People said things like go visit tourist attractions and then when it came to Hesa, she said she would like to share the gospel like what I am doing, coming from America to the Philippines to be a missionary. She would like to do that in America. Words can't explain how surprised and happy I was to hear that haha. I just couldn't help but think about how crazy it is that a catholic mother who had no interest in changing her religion, can meet two sister missionaries and give her the desire to change her life and then share with others. It amazes me the evidences that we have in our lives of a higher power than man in our lives. God is so real and I know that more and more each day.
    I wish I could share more but my email time is up :( I have so much more to say! But that's alright. Also my camera has died within my time on the computer so no pictures. But just know that I love you all and things are good here in San Juan! My time is slipping through my fingers and I am just trying to grasp onto it long enough to make something of it. My biggest fear is wasting the time the Lord has given me here. I hope you all are healthy and happy and continuing to choose the right! Love you guys tons!
- Sister Sawada

No comments:

Post a Comment