Monday, July 7, 2014

Isa Pa!

Magandang araw sa inyong lahat!
     It is a typical foggy day here in Baguio and I am happy to say that sitting next to me in the internet cafe is Sister Nott! Last week was transfers and we were a little worried I would be transferring. It is typical to stay in an area for only two transfers here in Baguio but I have been lucky enough to make it for a third! At this rate I could just have 3 areas in my whole mission haha. And to be honest I wouldn't be sad because I love getting to know the area and people so deeply. Even if it makes it harder to say goodbye. I am also sooo happy that Sister Nott and I have 6 more weeks to work together! The title of this email is Isa Pa! Which means one more! We finally feel like we have gotten into a good groove and are ready to work really hard to show our gratitude for getting one more transfer together.
      This week was a really great week. The Bamba family was able to be interviewed by President Balledos this Sunday. President was really impressed at how true their desires were to do what Christ wants them to do. And President made such a good impression on the family that brother Ben asked President to baptize him and his wife! They will be making many trips down to manila this month for Stephen (the oldest child) to compete in the National Tae Kwon Do tournament! Way cool! Anyway so we all decided that August 2 was the best day for them to be baptized. It is a really great feeling knowing that President is planning on this day as well. Helps us to feel that it is really secure! Or sigurado is what we would say here.
      Also I have realized that I have been here in Baguio for 2 transfers and haven't shared much about it! Mommy I remember you saying something about how you don't know much about the ward and so I would love to share a little more. Our Bishop is Bishop Jaime Canite. He has been bishop for 11 years! He has actually even moved out of our ward boundaries but the ward just can't let him go because he is so great. He is not a return missionary because he was converted when he was already a single adult. But his oldest son is on a mission in the Butuan Philippines and missionary work is so encouraged by him that when his 7 year old son saw his classmate's mom (who is one of our investigators) he made sure that they were coming to church that Sunday. Also his oldest daughter just got her mission call to Quezon City! They are a really great and strong family that set a wonderful example for our members and investigators.
      There are some great strong members here in the ward but there are probably more less active than active here. Which means a lot of work for the missionaries so that's good! There's lots of great stuff going on here! Next week I will try to send more pictures of the youth because there is a good strong group of them! And they all have hopes of serving a mission. It kind of puts a lot of pressure on us to make sure we are setting the right example for them. Anyway, I love being here guys. I am so grateful for all of your support because it would be much harder being out here if I didn't have a testimony of how much this gospel blesses families. I know where everything good in this life comes from and I am so grateful for that. I hope you guys have a great week! Love you!
Sister Sawada

No comments:

Post a Comment